Attn to those who submitted their name for summer practical in Malaysia:
1) Starting from Friday (17 June 2011) after 2pm, you may collect the letter issued by the university from the dekanat (refer to Mr. Maxim).
2) Starting from Wednesday (22 June 2011), you may resume the next step; present yourself in the dean’s office together with a print out copy of your acceptance letter from your respective hospital in Malaysia. You are supposed to write a заявление to our dean regarding summer practical application. The dean will tell you how to write it sign the заявление himself.
3) After obtaining the 3 documents:
a) letter issued by the university
b) Acceptance letter issued by hospital in Malaysia
c) Заявление approved by the dean
You may now proceed to your respective departments (2nd and 4th year therapy and surgery; 3rd and 5th year ambulance) to get the diary format and practical exam question list. Your respective department will handle the rest unless otherwise told by your respective departments.
4) Upon your arrival back to Volgograd, you are required to submit the practical diary which is certified by your respective department and hospital and the original copy of your acceptance letter issued by your respective hospital in Malaysia.
5) Practical exam session is expected to be held in the first two weeks of September 2011.
You are once again reminded that the department which you are going to carry out your practical in Malaysia must comply with practical principles for your course of study in VSMU.
Therapy department (Russia) = medicine/general medicine/internal medicine department (Malaysia)
Surgical department is the same for both.
Ambulance department (Russia) = Accident & Emergency (A&E) department (Malaysia)
MSA does not bear the responsibility for your flight tickets issues. You should understand that all air tickets changes are done in expenses of your own risk.
We understand that some of you have received the acceptance letter from your hospital in Malaysia and wonder why you cannot carry out the first 2 steps at once. The reason is our university expects us to use the letter issued by them to apply elective practical in Malaysia. And when you receive the reply from your respective hospitals in Malaysia (which some of you already have it now), then you proceed to step 2. In this case, the university did not know that an official reply for your application will take at least 1 month (varies according to hospitals) unless you have connections/alternative way.
So, we separated the 2 steps in 2 different time, so that it will be as if your hospital in Malaysia reply to the first letter issued by the university.
Due to this factor, we need your cooperation to follow those steps mentioned above in the given time period to avoid conflicts with the dekanat. We do not want any unnecessary difficulties from the dekanat in the future, do we?
MSA had finalized and submitted up the names collected from batch representatives. Further addition of names shouldn’t be done through MSA anymore. If you would like to do so, you may appeal through the dean directly.
Lee Jiann Woei